Don't know how to kick-start your fundraising? Stuck for ideas on how to bring in more donations? Check out some of our fantastic fundraising tips and ideas to spark your creativity;
- Set ambitious yet achievable goals.
- Lead by example and sponsor yourself.
- Fully utilise your contacts and make use of the easy online fundraising tools on your participant account.
- Make fundraising fun! Check out our A-Z of Fundraising Ideas.
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) is an amazing fundraising tool! It's quick, easy and a great way to spread the word about your Ride and what you are fundraising for.
- Write a meaningful, personal note about why you are taking part in MSWA Ocean Ride and post it on your fundraising page. Also, include it in your emails to potential sponsors so they know what is motivating you. Don't forget to add a photo to your fundraising page as well.
- Matched Giving - many companies budget for charitable donations and have matched-funding schemes to support worthwhile causes and their employees. You can download an official Matched Giving letter here - however, if you need any additional supporting documentation, please don't hesitate to give us a call on (08) 6454 3195 or email us
- Some of your friends or family may not have access to the internet, but don’t let that stop you asking for their support! Download the Sponsorship Tally Form and keep track of all your supporters. Then upload the information onto your web page as an offline donation. They’ll still receive the acknowledgement and the thanks that they deserve!
- Most importantly, ask! People can’t donate if you don’t ask them to. Don’t be afraid, ask everyone you know! See our Top 5 Fundraising Tips for more info!